IMG_0408.jpgszkpan.jpgIMG_0407.jpgIMG_0406.jpgcontrast3.jpgIMG_0413.jpgIMG_0412.jpgIMG_0418.jpgIMG_0414.jpg

School History

 

District Agricultural School Female in Trzepowie rose in 1923 from the initiative of local social organizations and the contemporary district administrator. On the day of 9 January 1923 on the sitting of the Płock province assembly, according to the act of Parliament from 9 January 1920 about folk agricultural schools and with resolution of the District office, a decision to organize the agricultural school for girls under the aegis of the Ministry of Agriculture was made. The school obtained 17 hectares from the former Trzepowo manor farm and old buildings: the small manor house, the barn and the outbuildings. Leokadia and Stanisław Berger - teachers of the Agricultural School in Niegłosy dealt with the technical and didactic organization of the school. Thanks to their huge commitment and hard work in years 1925 - 1929 there were built:

image002

School in Trzepowie

school edifice for 40 students;

barn, piggery, stable );

outbuilding with laundry , drying room , dairy and showers;

four henhouses with the hatchery of the poultry;

schoolhouses had sewer system installed in;

school field was drained;

a field of games was founded;

an orchard and a vegetable garden were established.

Candidates aged 16 - 26 were admitted to study unless they completed at least four grades of the universal school, or received satisfactory home preparation. The first (the shortest) course took place in spring 1923. Next, eleven-month courses started on 15 October (in 1920s), on 15 November (in 1930s) and periodically on 15 January. Learning at school was free of charge, but the students had to cover the cost of sustenance at the dormitory (1 quintal of rye monthly or equivalent in cash). The main objective of the school was to prepare the students for the independent work in their own households, therefore the school curriculum included a few departments:

poultry, pigs, cattle, horses;

agriculture and farming;

horticulture, fruit , vegetables , beekeeping;

household: cooking, baking, sewing, colour and white embroidery;

general subjects : Polish language, religion, history, geography of Poland , maths, hygiene, economics , nature and cooperatives;

elements of law, gymnastics , singing , music, ethics

All the girls had to go through all the practical departments. Therefore, two-week shifts , followed by detailed reports were submitted . Everyday life at the school was organised as follows:

5.00 – 6.00 stock-raising shift , kitchen shift

6.00 – 7.00 wake up , morning toilet , cleaning

7.00 – 7.30 morning prayer, breakfast

7.30 – 10.00 three 45-minute lessons

10.00 – 12.30 practical work in all departments

12.30 – 13.30 lunch time

13.30 – 16.00 three 45-minute lessons

16.00 – 16.30 afternoon break

16.30 – 18.00 homework

18.00 – 19.30 practical classes

19.30 – 20.00 dinner

20.00 – 21.30 practical classes , reading, doing homework , free time

21.30 – 22.00 evening prayer , bath, sleep.

The school was respected, and its graduates were exemplary country housewives, patriots and social activists. In years 1923 - 1929 more than 500 students graduated from the school. A significant event in the life of the school was participation in the harvest festival at President Ignacy Moscicki's in Spale in 1928 . In November 1932 the school community attended the dedication of the airport with the participation of the President.

During the war, school work was cancelled. The school buildings in Trzepowo housed a military hospital. During the Nazi retreat the whole building was mined and was to be destroyed. However, Germans did not manage to blow up the school , as they did the Masculine School of Agriculture in Niegłosy, which never rebuilt.

The school reopened in April 1945 . The first school year began on April 6 and lasted until August 1 . First, the girls received training at the National Junior School of Agriculture and later in the College of Agriculture and Economics with a 3 - year cycle of learning. The first post-war director was Anna Borzymowska who fulfilled this function until 1951 . In 1948, in Trzepowo a 4 - year State Agricultural High School for Females was created, which renamed in 1952 into 4 - year State Agricultural Technical School. At that time the first maturity examination was a landmark (1952). Then 32 graduates left the school. In this post-war period the organizational structure of the school still underwent repeated changes. For example in school year 1954 / 55 five - year educational system and co-education were implemented. On 1 September 1960 4-year StateTechnical Vocational School of Agriculture for adults started. However the extremely important event took place on 16 September 1984, the Agricultural Schools got the name of Leokadia Bergerowa. A German citizen- Aleksander Moksel - decided to fund a school for the society of Płock. Local authorities made a decision that it will be a new edifice for the Agricultural Schools. A new location for the school was found and the founding act took place on 28 April 1989. The new edifice was ordained on 13 September 1998. Since 2002 the school is called Leokadia Bergerowa Technical secondary Schools.

School Principals

Leokadia Bergerowa (1923-1933)

Anna Wladichówna (1933 – 1937)

Henryka Ciborowska – Wysocka (1937-1939)

Anna Borzymowska (1945 – 1951)

Antonina Wolska (1951-1968)

Zbigniew Rudnicki (1968-1974)

Janina Bińkowska (1974-1982)

Klemens Krzemiński (1982-1990)

Bogusław Sukiennik (1990-2000)

Jolanta Kurczab (2000 – p.o director)

Jacek Kłosiński (since 2000)

( Ed. based on the book by Mrs. Aniela Bagińska - " 80 years of Leokadia Bergerowa Technical Secondary Schools"

© mg@zsberg.edu.pl 2014 Zespół Szkół im. Leokadii Bergerowej w Płocku - Nasza strona używa" ciasteczek":) - plików cookies